As Thanksgiving approaches, here’s the Assistance League of Irvine version of that holiday tradition where you go around the table and everyone names one thing they’re thankful for:
- We’re thankful for the chance to live in Irvine, a safe and beautiful city in the best country in the world.
- We’re thankful that we have the resources – time, health, and opportunity – to give back to our community.
- We’re thankful for those who donate to our thrift shop. You care enough to make the trip over to our shop with the clothes and household items you no longer need, instead of tossing them in the dumpster.
- We’re thankful for those of you who donate cash or personal services to us – these make a huge difference in our ability to fund our philanthropies.
- We’re thankful for the teachers, school counselors, and school nurses who help direct families to our Operation School Bell and Scholarship programs.
- We’re thankful for the help of Target North in the Irvine Marketplace, our partner store where our OSB clients shop for school clothing.
- We’re thankful for the Irvine Unified School District art specialists and the student artists who make up our annual “Young Masters” exhibitors at City Hall each spring – so much talent in one city!
- We’re thankful for our Assisteens, who are devoting time in middle school and high school to helping others, through a variety of activities.
- And we’re thankful for all of you thrift shop customers (and blog readers!) – you’re our partners in this whole endeavor.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING from Assistance League of Irvine!