Let’s talk about – vases. Now there’s the crystal vase you buy for a wedding present for your 2nd cousin’s daughter, who has everything she needs and is planning a destination wedding in Tuscany. Then there’s the plain clear glass vase you buy in real life, which, of course, is where the THRIFT SHOP comes in.
There are so many creative things you can do with these vases, and the thrift ship ALWAYS has a great selection at LOW PRICES. Here are just a few ideas!
- Make a terrarium with your kids (this is a great summer vacation project). Find a vase that’s wide but not too tall. You’ll need pebbles, terrarium soil, and some tiny succulent plants. Look for detailed instructions on the internet.
- Air plants in glass containers are very trendy now. You can grow these indoors or outdoors, and they require virtually no water!
- Fill your vase with alternate layers of different colored pebbles and sand. This requires NO artistic talent and makes a beautiful sculpture-like piece to display on your mantel or coffee table.
- Your vase could also hold a collection of things with sentimental value – wine corks, shells, rocks and minerals, foreign coins. It’s a great way to display these small treasures that bring back memories.
- On a purely practical note, a vase can hold those kitchen utensils that won’t fit in the drawer, or all kinds of miscellaneous bathroom items (think Q-tips or cotton balls). And clear glass works with any style of decor.
– It’s SUMMER. Keep that vase filled with flowers from your garden!